The Peterborough Pregnancy Support Services (PPSS) is proud to offer the Pause & Think Program, a free interactive presentation on healthy relationships and informed decision making to secondary schools in the Kawartha Pine Ridge District.
To provide youth with an information-based and practical overview of healthy relationships and informed decision-making in a dating paradigm.
Youth should be able to recognize and articulate accurate definitions of healthy and unhealthy relationships, intimate partner violence, consent, and abstinence.
What we cover:
- Definitions of relationships: familial & friendship vs. romantic relationships
- Healthy vs. unhealthy relationships
- Intimate partner violence: definition and cycle
- Romantic relationships: components, bio-psycho-social implications, and questions to ask before deciding to date
- Decision making in romantic relationships
- Sex vs. abstinence
- Consent and boundary- setting
- Breaking up and moving on
Programming is flexible to meet the unique needs of your group. A revised version of the program is also available upon request.
To book a presentation for your schools, or youth group, please call 705-742-4015 or e-mail info(@)mypregnancycentre.org